Service Planner / Job Card Administrator22/05/20
We currently have an opportunity for a conscientious and enthusiastic individual to join the Service Department at the Preston Depot in the capacity of Service Planner/Job Card Administrator working Monday to Friday from 8.30am to 5pm.
This position is for a 12month fixed term contract providing Maternity cover.
Reporting to the Business Manager at Preston, the main job function will be to effectively plan and organise the service of scheduled and non-scheduled vehicle maintenance work to correspond to the available hours with the aid of the Dealer Point system, to check job cards for accuracy and correctness prior to passing through to admin to be invoiced. To investigate and correct any job cards passed back into query from admin and to promote the sale of service and accessories within the limits of technical ability.
Other duties within the role will include:
- Promote and maintain good customer relations;
- Discuss and identify routine service and repair requirements with customers, obtaining background detailed information to assist specialist personnel in diagnosis, testing and inspecting;
- Record in detail the customer’s request for workshop action and obtain authority to proceed;
- To be aware of the workshop loading situation and the progress of work and advise customers of delays or of additional work required;
- Be aware of the legal implications affecting the customers ‘O’ licence;
- Assist with Service Reception duties and answering incoming calls as required.
The successful candidate will have the following qualifications, skills and experience:
- Be confident, well organised and computer literate with working knowledge of Microsoft Office;
- Have excellent numeracy skills and written and verbal communication skills;
- Be able to work well on their own initiative as well as part of a larger team and work well under pressure;
- Previous experience of working in a Service environment and a customer facing role is essential;
- Have a good understanding of the Commercial Vehicle industry and technical knowledge in relation to servicing and repairing commercial vehicles would be advantageous;
- Experience of using workshop loading systems and ability to sell incremental products and assess further sales opportunities would be preferred.
- Full training will be given for the successful candidate.
We offer competitive rates of pay and Company benefits including Company sick pay scheme, personal pension with enhanced contributions and death in service benefit for pension members, Cycle to Work scheme, enhanced paternity and maternity benefits, loyalty holidays and excellent personal development and training opportunities.
Contact our HR Department for further details on 0151 319 3269 or send a CV with a covering letter to HR@thardie.co.uk by the 4th June 2020.