HGV Technician - Avonmouth
As part of our on-going investment in our people and premises, Truck & Bus, Wales & West require an enthusiastic and talented individual to compliment our Workshop Team. Reporting to the Workshop Supervisor, working a bi-weekly shift pattern, you will carry out routine servicing, diagnose faults, carry out MOTs, general repairs of all types of commercial vehicles and trailers together with completion of all paperwork relevant to the repair.
Other duties within the role will include:
- Use Company special tools where appropriate.
- Wear personal protective equipment (PPE)
- Assist in fault diagnosis.
- Comply with warranty procedures during repairs and with warranty material on completion of a repair.
- Work with the parts team to ensure the correct replacement parts are fitted to the vehicles.
- Road test vehicle when required (if holder of HGV licence).
- Assist with roadside breakdowns.
- Ensure that job cards are completed accurately.
- Ensure that service sheets are completed as per Company instructions.
- Ensure that all vehicle defects are reported to your workshop Supervisor.
- Report to your workshop Supervisor when work is completed.
- Attend any technical or development training that is made available.
- have a City and Guilds, NVQ 3 or equivalent
- Minimum 2yrs experience within the commercial vehicle industry
- be able to effectively communicate at all levels both written and verbally.
- be able to develop or work in developing new or enhancing existing processes
- be able to adapt and take on new skills and approaches.