Trainee Parts Advisor - Bardon
- Working closely with customers & building rapport both face-to-face and over the phone.
- Taking a pro-active approach to selling additional parts or services to the customer
- Ensuring that all goods received are checked and binned accurately.
- Documenting the condition of parts returned for credit and reporting damaged or unsuitable items to the Supervisor.
- Ordering and receipting of goods.
- Raising credits for goods returned.
- Putting parts orders together to meet external customer requirements, or for the Workshop Technicians carrying out repairs.
- Delivering parts on occasion to customers.
THE IDEAL CANDIDATE
- Previous experience within a Parts Advisor role not essential - this can be experience within HGV, Plant, Automotive. Knowledge of HGV parts is desirable but not essential.
- IT literate, able to competently use GDS systems, MS Excel and Word.
- Excellent communication skills and customer service skills either face-to-face or by telephone.
- Competent sales technique, able to identify an opportunity to sell additional parts or services to external customers.
- Driving license required, clean preferred, but no more than 6 points.
SALARY AND BENEFITS
- Working for a top brand like Volvo gives you stability, good pay rates, excellent training and future progression.
- Competitive Salary
- 25 days holidays plus bank holidays
- Contributory pension scheme and Life Assurance
- On-going Volvo training.
- Employee Assistance Programme
- Employee Discount Centre
- Plus other benefits including cycle to work scheme, friend and family discount on Volvo & Renault cars
Volvo Group UK Ltd is an equal opportunity employer
The Volvo Group is one of the world’s leading manufacturers of trucks, buses, construction equipment and marine and industrial engines under the leading brands Volvo, Renault Trucks, Mack, UD Trucks, Eicher, SDLG, Terex Trucks, Prevost, Nova Bus, UD Bus, Sunwin Bus and Volvo Penta.
The Volvo Trucks brand has been built up over decades and enjoys a solid position worldwide. It is one of the world’s best known and respected brands within the commercial vehicle industry. It is associated with the core values quality, safety and environmental care. With Volvo Trucks you will be part of a global and diverse team. We work with passion, we trust each other and we embrace change to stay ahead. We make our customers win.