HGV Technician - Bardon
As a Technician you will ensure the highest possible levels of productive efficiency, quality of workmanship and production finish in order to sustain growth in customer confidence in the service provided by the Dealer point.
We are recruiting on the following shifts:
4 ON / 4 OFF 06.00-18.00
Nights - Monday-Thursday / Tuesday-Friday 20.00-06.00
- Ensure repairs are carried out according to manufacturer’s procedures and in a safe and responsible manner.
- Ensure repairs are carried out in accordance with Volvo Standard Times using Volvo Special Tools where appropriate.
- Assist in the fault diagnosis process.
- Comply with warranty procedures during repairs and with warranty material on completion of a repair.
- Assist with Action Service Europe when required.
- Work with the parts team to ensure the correct replacement parts are fitted to the vehicles.
- Road test vehicle when required (if holder of HGV license).
- Assist with roadside breakdowns.
- Ensure that the company time recording procedures are complied with and that job cards are completed accurately
- Ensure that service sheets are completed as per Volvo instructions.
- Ensure that all vehicle defects are reported to your workshop controller.
- Ensure that the workshop facilities, equipment and tools are kept clean, tidy and maintained, reflecting the Volvo Truck and Bus Centre image of an efficient and modern retail Dealer point.
- Wear personal protective equipment (PPE) when appropriate.
- Support the development of any young trainees and apprentices.
- To effectively communicate at all levels both written and verbally and be an active team member.
- To develop or work in developing new or enhancing existing processes
- To adapt and take on new skills and approaches and participate in training and development activities.
City and Guilds, NVQ 3 or equivalent - However Semi-Skilled Technicians from Plant/Car/Agricultural background will also be considered.
Experience within the commercial vehicle industry an advantage but not essential.
Internal applicants only: Please ensure you have informed your Line Manager prior to applying for this position
Volvo Group UK Ltd is an equal opportunity employer
The Volvo Group is one of the world’s leading manufacturers of trucks, buses, construction equipment and marine and industrial engines under the leading brands Volvo, Renault Trucks, Mack, UD Trucks, Eicher, SDLG, Terex Trucks, Prevost, Nova Bus, UD Bus, Sunwin Bus and Volvo Penta.
The Volvo Trucks brand has been built up over decades and enjoys a solid position worldwide. It is one of the world’s best known and respected brands within the commercial vehicle industry. It is associated with the core values quality, safety and environmental care. With Volvo Trucks you will be part of a global and diverse team. We work with passion, we trust each other and we embrace change to stay ahead. We make our customers win.