Technician Supervisor (Productive) - Peterborough
Working closely with the team in order to create high levels of morale and focus to ensure that work is completed in a timely manner and with excellence in quality.
Effective communication with the Workshop Controller and CSR’s to ensure that technicians have valid job specifications and time budget prior to work commencing. Ensuring that customer expectations are managed at all times by working with each stage of the Genuine Volvo Service process.
Maximising the shifts performance through effective problem solving, coaching & development
- Supervise a team of technicians ensuring that work is carried out as efficiently as possible
- To ensure that you and your team are following the Genuine Volvo Service Process Maps
- Proactively select and develop lead/master technician to be able to stand in for specified supervisory tasks during times of peak activity.
- Agree resource plans with Workshop Controller (and actions to handle peaks in workload) and anticipate resourcing issues in advance
- Ensure technicians are fully briefed on job requirements and budgets (VST times) per up-front job specifications
- Manage workshop work-in-progress versus job specification time budgets (VST times) and provide timely updates on progress to CSR (or customer when out of hours
- Manage job issues / problems in real time to control the quality of the repair and minimise variances versus budgets (VST times)
- Provide diagnostic and technical assistance to technicians to speed fault diagnosis and accurately specify repair solutions
- Specify repair solutions to facilitate the production of quotes / works orders using chassis-specific IMPACT job content / packages (VST / parts)
- Specify repair solutions for defects / minor defects found during service or other planned work
- Ensure Volvo time recording procedures are complied with including correct use of X codes as per productivity policy
- Ensure timely hand over of completed, fully specified jobs to CSR for invoicing
- Carry out effective shift hand over including any outstanding repair order & customer issues
- Check that all work is supported by formal customer authorisation prior to starting
- Ensure the shift team work to the criteria laid down in the Company Health and Safety policy
- Be responsible for the Workshop environment, Volvo Special tools & equipment used during the shift & report any deficiencies.
Knowledge (Volvo knowledge acquired through training)
- Significant experience of working as a technician within the motor vehicle industry
- Good knowledge of VOSA requirements and MOT testers manual.
- An understanding of Operators Licence Laws and Regulations
- Warranty & Contract scope & procedures
- The application of Volvo Standard Times
- Knowledge of workshop KPI’s
- An in-depth understanding of the Genuine Volvo Service Process stages relevant to the role
- An appreciation of our customers, the environment in which they operate and the direct impact we can have on their business
- Volvo technical product knowledge
- The Volvo Total Offer Wheel and the products contained within it
- City and Guilds, NVQ 3 or equivalent in Motor Vehicle Technology
- To be able to manage and motivate a team of technicians in their daily activities