Bus and Coach Area Service Manager (*Location Flexible)
A rare and exciting opportunity has arisen for an experienced Account Manager to join our aftersales team as a Bus and Coach Area Service Manager (*Location Flexible)
The Area Development Manager represents Volvo Bus and East Anglia in resolution of technical / service / commercial aftermarket issues in direct liaison with the customer as necessary. To develop and generate business opportunity across the East Anglia region, and work hand in hand with developing opportunity for Loughborough Body Shop. Support Bus and Coach products from both a technical, and vehicle in operation / service perspective. To support the Dealer regional team in the continuous improvement of technical engineering competence and service support, and to meet the operating policies and requirements agreed or implemented by Volvo Bus.
Main Tasks / Responsibilities / Authorities:
- Customer and Dealer liaison to provide support, including Customer and Key Customer liaison meetings as required by Volvo Bus or Regional Dealer team, and to support Customer activities and events as appropriate/required
- Contribute to Commercial Crews, and Active Market meetings, manage coordination of all CRM related activity within your area of responsibility, identifying and targeting new customers along with the management of the existing customer base, to recognise and develop customer business opportunities and work with Regional team to maximise these opportunities, including responsibility to generate and develop workshop hours across the region
- Proactively seek customer views regarding product quality concerns and related issues and report back to Volvo Bus through the appropriate channels, to investigate customer concerns, in conjunction with regional dealer team, relative to the technical function or performance of the product. (Including how the issue/activity was managed and handled by the dealer workshop.)
- Fully investigate any product quality issue in support of Volvo Bus service and technical department as required, also, ensure that the technical quality process is followed and that the Regional Dealer team raises and follows up through with the PQR (Product Quality Report) process, also to monitor and follow up performance with regard to any product and field test activities introduced by Volvo Bus
- Deal with customer complaints to ensure that the complaint is handled correctly by the Dealer Workshop and that corrective actions are implemented to prevent similar cases arising in the future.
- Communicate (as appropriate) and follow up Volvo Bus warranty and campaign policy as required, and to manage the technical and commercial warranty goodwill activity, and process according to Volvo Bus policy and procedures, and within agreed budget parameters, including management of the special claims consideration (SCC) process based on above and within agreed timescales.
- Highlight and follow up regional Dealer Campaign performance (issue of new campaign / campaign completion actions, prioritisation and completion rates.), also responsible for co coordinating technical campaigns for Truck and Bus, to monitor and follow up outstanding vehicles, maintain data quality, and customer notification as required
- Liaise with the Regional Dealer team to ensure that an effective technical training and coaching platform exists, on an on-going basis, to support Volvo Bus products and to ensure that Volvo Bus Frontline requirements are met, and advise Regional Dealer team on training requirements for future products and ensure standards are maintained on all products, also, to liaise with other members of Volvo Bus Service department and Regional Dealer teams as required concerning on-going technical issues, and to attend Volvo Bus Service meetings as required.
- Provide technical advice to Regional Dealer technical team concerning specific customer or product issues, also to assist in fault diagnosis, problem investigation, field trials and service actions as required by Volvo Bus.
- Liaising with Volvo Bus and RoadCrew on marketing strategies and customer incentives to maximise customer potential and achieve Bus Parts purchase targets.
- Monitor and explain monthly expenditure with regard to Dealer and Customer issues as required.
- To prepare, organise and carry out any special technical projects identified by Volvo Bus, and any other reasonable task concerning Bus and Coach technical issues.
- Ensure that an on-going live case, if highlighted, is closed effectively and efficiently by the Dealer Workshop (repairing dealer.)
- Ensure Dealer Workshop (home dealer) raises customer complaints via arbitration process as required, and support Dealer Workshop in customer liaison concerning specific complaints as/if required ensuring that Volvo Bus policy is applied, and to support the Dealer Workshop in ensuring that all complaints are closed effectively.
- Communicate and progress Volvo Bus policy with regard to Dealer Operating Standards within the Regional Dealer team including, Special Tools, Techtool / VCAD’s, Impact, Technical Service Information (Service Tips, Fleet Information Bulletins) and VST.
- Work in accordance with Volvo Group UK standards of health, safety, quality and environmental care.
Key Skills / Competencies:
- Team player at all times.
- Flexible approach to work commitments.
- Open and honest.
- Ability to develop IT skills on an on-going basis.
- Able to influence situations not under direct control
- Passenger transport industry, legislation & competitor awareness.
- Ability to present information in a logical way and to be able to a wide audience in both written and verbal format.
- Ability to communicate effectively at all levels in both written and verbal format.
- Proven problem solving skills using a methodical and cost effective approach.
- Prioritise day to day problems raised by customers.
- Search out, analyse and present new ideas.
- Engage effectively with people at all levels and in particular to gain their respect and confidence through knowledge, understanding, skill, competence and care.
The Volvo Group is one of the world’s leading manufacturers of trucks, buses, construction equipment and marine and industrial engines under the leading brands Volvo, Renault Trucks, Mack, UD Trucks, Eicher, SDLG, Terex Trucks, Prevost, Nova Bus, UD Bus, Sunwin Bus and Volvo Penta.
The Volvo Trucks brand has been built up over decades and enjoys a solid position worldwide. It is one of the world’s best known and respected brands within the commercial vehicle industry. It is associated with the core values quality, safety and environmental care. With Volvo Trucks you will be part of a global and diverse team. We work with passion, we trust each other and we embrace change to stay ahead. We make our customers win.