|A pivotal role in the Aftersales operation of a smaller dealerpoint, combining duties in parts and stock control, with service reception customer services responsibility. Whilst covering the service reception you will be looking after the customer, acting as one point of contact. A CSR is involved from the planning stage, on arrival of the customer’s vehicle, whilst the vehicle is serviced or repaired, until the vehicle leaves the dealerpoint.
Develop effective customer relationships; proactively promote the services and products available, therefore increasing labour and parts sales.
Main Tasks / Responsibilities / Authorities:
- Speak to customers face-to-face and over the phone.
- Act as one point of contact for the customer.
- Confirm details of any planned visits with customers in advance.
- Plan work in to the workshop schedule.
- Create job card/repair order for the work to be carried out.
- Greet all customers on arrival at the Dealerpoint in a professional and friendly manner.
- Clarify for the customer and the workshop the basis for the repair – Retail/ Warranty/ Contract.
- Ensure that all proposed work is correctly specified based on standard IMPACT content, and converted to GDS quotes.
- Be able to convert GDS quotes into repair orders.
- Gain formal (written) customer authorisation for quoted work (Retail/ VCM.)
- Agree timescales for unscheduled work with customers and follow through to completion.
- Ensure that all authorised work is properly codified on the repair order prior to handover to the workshop.
- Be able to convert a workshop repair order into a sales invoice.
- Manage bookings for courtesy cars.
Service and Repair:
- Actively liaise and co-ordinate between customer and workshop on progress and ensure timely authorisation of all incremental work.
- Gain customer agreement through selling the benefits of identified repair solutions in a professional manner.
- Review quality of job documentation and highlight issues / deficiencies to Workshop Controller for follow up.
Invoice and Follow-up:
Required knowledge and experience:
- Produce and explain invoice to customer at point of vehicle collection, resolve any queries or objections on a timely basis.
- Follow up after service / repair visit to check customer satisfaction as per GVS process.
- Work in accordance with Volvo Group UK standards of health, safety, quality and environmental care.
Volvo Group UK is an equal opportunities employer.
- Parts/stock control experience
- Experience of dealing directly with customers
- Good planning and organisational skills
- Able to work to process and policies
- Able to work confidently with in-house IT systems
- Quickly learn and retain technical information relating to Warranty and Contract Terms and Conditions
- A technical background would be of benefit
The Volvo Group is one of the world’s leading manufacturers of trucks, buses, construction equipment and marine and industrial engines under the leading brands Volvo, Renault Trucks, Mack, UD Trucks, Eicher, SDLG, Terex Trucks, Prevost, Nova Bus, UD Bus, Sunwin Bus and Volvo Penta.
The Volvo Trucks
brand has been built up over decades and enjoys a solid position worldwide. It is one of the world’s best known and respected brands within the commercial vehicle industry. It is associated with the core values quality, safety and environmental care. With Volvo Trucks you will be part of a global and diverse team. We work with passion, we trust each other and we embrace change to stay ahead. We make our customers win.
State / Province
Travel Required (maximum)