Reporting to the Shift Supervisor, the main job function will be to undertake maintenance and repair activities on commercial vehicles/trailers of all types, to diagnose faults, carry out tests on vehicles and effect permanent and complete repairs.
Other duties within the role will include:
• Completing paperwork and procedures relating to warranty, contract & retail work.
• Preventative maintenance work to minimise unnecessary customer costs.
• Any other duties reasonably within your capabilities as instructed by your manager.
The successful candidates will have the following qualifications, skills, and experience:
• Obtained a City & Guilds or other adequate qualification to NVQ level 3, in Heavy Vehicle Maintenance.
• Experience in the diagnosis, servicing, maintenance and repair of vehicles, experience of working on Commercial Vehicles is required.
• Organised and methodical approach to problem solving with attention to detail.
• Undertaken manufacturers training courses and maintained knowledge of work methods and technical data.
• Full and current UK driving licence, an LGV licence is preferred but not essential.
• A friendly, confident, and professional manner with excellent communication skills.
• Ability to work well under pressure and as part of a larger team as well as on their own initiative.
We offer competitive rates of pay and Company benefits including Company sick pay scheme, personal pension with enhanced contributions and death in service benefit for pension members, Cycle to Work scheme, enhanced paternity and maternity benefits, loyalty holidays and excellent personal development and training opportunities.
Contact our HR Department for further details on 0151 319 3269 or send a CV with a covering letter to HR@thardie.co.uk