Reporting to the Workshop Controller and working as part of a large team, the main job function will be to ensure that the Service Department, Workshop facilities and perimeter areas are kept clean and tidy to the required standards and to carry out driving duties when required.
Other duties within the role will include:
- Reporting cleaning materials to the Workshop Controller;
- Carrying out vehicle and trailer washes and steam cleans when required;
- Loading and presenting vehicles and trailers for MOT including loading/unloading of vehicle weights;
- Assisting technicians whenever required;
- Carry out driving duties including HGV collections and deliveries as instructed;
- Pay particular attention to C.O.S.H.H. Regulation notices displayed and ensure precautionary measures are taken at all times;
- Any other duties in line with the role and reasonably within capabilities.
The successful candidate will have the following qualifications, skills and experience:
- Be confident and well organised, with a positive outlook on any task allocated.
- Have basic mechanical skills, For example, competent in the use of a torque wrench or a hammer drill.
- Have excellent communication skills;
- Be able to work well on their own initiative as well as part of a larger team and work well under pressure;
- Previous experience in a Driver/Labourer role is essential;
- A Counterbalance FLT license would be advantageous.
- Be flexible with regards to start and finish times to suit the demands of the business
- Full and current driving licence and LGV Licence, a Class 1 is essential;
- Be prepared to work from other THC locations as required.
We offer competitive rates of pay and Company benefits including Company sick pay scheme, personal pension with enhanced contributions and death in service benefit for pension members, Cycle to Work scheme, enhanced paternity and maternity benefits, loyalty holidays and excellent personal development and training opportunities.
Contact our HR Department for further details on 0151 319 3269 or send a CV with a covering letter to HR@thardie.co.uk by the closing date 27th April 2021.