Other duties will include:
• Manage group vehicle procurements (including finance and R&M recommendations)
• Manage group vehicle disposals and de-fleet in conjunction with the Used Vehicle Manger and Manage vehicle standards
• Manage property investments (replacements/ renewals/ H&S related items/ design/ efficiency)
• Ensure Volvo Group QR challenges are met in relation to property standards and all vehicles
• Together with relevant managers and individual supply chain ensure maximum output and cost effectiveness for the following but not limited to - Lighting, Security System and Heating in all locations
• Manage procurement of assets required to operate our business effectively
• Manage supplier base to ensure we get value for money and high quality of supply
• General office duties/filing/reports and any other ad hoc duties.
The successful candidate will have the following qualifications, skills, and experience:
• Highest standards of integrity, Commercial awareness and Team working
• Detailed understanding of vehicles required to operate the varied objectives of the group
• Detailed understanding of the group’s property equipment & tools required to operate the varied objectives for the group
• Detailed understanding of the business model
• Detailed understanding of Volvo Trucks and Buses QR standards and Operating procedures
• Excellent Written and Oral Communication Skills, Strategic Planning Ability and Project Management
• Be IT literate and have a good working knowledge of Microsoft Office applications i.e., Word, Excel.
• Be flexible and well organised approach to work, changing priorities and work well under pressure and on their own initiative.
• To be enthusiastic and motivated and looking to develop their own skills with attention to detail.
• To always act professionally and communicate effectively with different target groups.
• A full and current UK driving licence.
We offer competitive rates of pay and Company benefits including Company sick pay scheme, personal pension with enhanced contributions and death in service benefit for pension members, Cycle to Work scheme, enhanced paternity and maternity benefits, loyalty holidays and excellent personal development and training opportunities.
Contact our HR Department for further details on 0151 319 3269 or send a CV with a covering letter to HR@thardie.co.uk by the closing date: 21st January 2022