Workshop Controller - Middlewich
Looking for opportunities with great prospects?
At Thomas Hardie Commercials Ltd we pride ourselves on delivering great customer service every day.
We currently have an exciting opportunity for a highly motivated, energetic and enthusiastic individual to join the Aftermarket Department at the Middlewich Depot in the capacity of Workshop Controller.
Reporting to the Business Manager, the main job function will be to ensure the profitable and efficient operation of the Workshop and to achieve maximum utilisation from productive staff ensuring that Genuine Volvo Service process steps are adhered to and all work is processed in a productive and efficient manner in line with the Company quality policy and relevant health & safety standards.Other duties within the role will include:
Other duties within the role will include:
- To ensure high standards of quality and keeping rectification work to a minimum.
- To use initiative and work in conjunction with the Customer Service Reception to ensure that the workshop is loaded to its full potential at all times controlling labour efficiency and productivity to required expectations;
- To identify jobs that are exceeding their allocated times and address these issues as appropriate with the relevant technician/workshop supervisor.
- To control the day to day running of the workshop and liaise with Supervisor(s) and Business Manager.
- To manage the handover of complex or potentially contentious jobs to ensure full buy in and agreement from the customer.
- To manage the performance of the Service Department to ensure that KPI targets are met and ensure that productive staff are aware of their workload and Volvo Standard Times.
- Previous experience with a supervisory/managerial capacity, preferably within the Commercial Vehicle Industry;
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills;
- Full knowledge of VOSA requirements and MOT testers manual;
- An understanding of Operators Licence Laws and Regulations;
- Ability to maintain personal technical knowledge and skills and remain up to date on best working practices.
- Technical qualifications equivalent to City & Guilds or NVQ Level 3 in Motor Vehicle Technology;
- Ability to work well under pressure and on own initiative.
- Computer literate and a good working knowledge of Microsoft Office applications.