Vehicle Technicians - Preston
Looking for opportunities with great prospects?
We currently have an opportunity for a conscientious and enthusiastic individual to join the Service Department at the Preston Depot in the capacity of Vehicle Technician working Sunday to Tuesday from 7am to 7pm and Wednesday from 7am to 1pm.
Reporting to the Shift Supervisor, the main job function will be to undertake maintenance and repair activities on commercial vehicles/trailers of all types, to diagnose faults, carry out tests on vehicles and effect permanent and complete repairs.
Other duties within the role will include:
- Completing paperwork and procedures relating to warranty, contract & retail work;
- Preventative maintenance work to minimise unnecessary customer costs;
- Any other duties reasonably within your capabilities as instructed by their Manager.
- Obtained a City & Guilds or other adequate qualification;
- Experience in the diagnosis, servicing, maintenance and repair of vehicles;
- Organised and methodical approach to problem solving with attention to detail;
- Undertaken manufacturers training courses and maintained knowledge of work methods and technical data;
- Full and current UK driving licence, an LGV licence is essential;
- A friendly, confident and professional manner with excellent communication skills.
- Ability to work well under pressure and as part of a larger team as well as on their own initiative.