Vehicle Technician- Preston Actively Recruiting
Looking for opportunities with great prospects?
At Thomas Hardie Commercials Ltd we pride ourselves on delivering great customer service every day.
We currently have an opportunity for a conscientious and enthusiastic individual to join the Service Department at the Preston Depot in the capacity of Vehicle Technician working Wednesday from 1pm to 7pm and Thursday to Saturday inclusive from 7am to 7pm.
Reporting to the Shift Supervisor, the main job function will be to undertake maintenance and repair activities on commercial vehicles/trailers of all types, to diagnose faults, carry out tests on vehicles and effect permanent and complete repairs.
Other duties within the role will include:
- Completing paperwork and procedures relating to warranty, contract & retail work;
- Preventative maintenance work to minimise unnecessary customer costs;
- Any other duties reasonably within your capabilities as instructed by their Manager
The successful candidates will have the following qualifications, skills and experience:
- Obtained a City & Guilds or other adequate qualification;
- Experience in the diagnosis, servicing, maintenance and repair of vehicles;
- Organised and methodical approach to problem solving with attention to detail;
- Undertaken manufacturers training courses and maintained knowledge of work methods and technical data;
- Full and current UK driving licence, an LGV licence is essential;
- A friendly, confident and professional manner with excellent communication skills.
- Ability to work well under pressure and as part of a larger team as well as on their own initiative.
Contact our HR Dept for further details contact our HR Dept. on 0151 549 3085 or send a covering letter and CV to: firstname.lastname@example.org by 6th June 2018