Vehicle Technician- Middlewich
Looking for opportunities with great prospects?
At Thomas Hardie Commercials Ltd we pride ourselves on delivering great customer service every day.
We currently have an opportunity for two conscientious and enthusiastic individuals to join the Service Department at the Middlewich Depot in the capacity of Vehicle Technician, two shifts are available.
Position 1 – 4 on 4 off day shift pattern from 6am to 6pm.
Position 2 – Alternating week day shift, Monday to Friday as below:
Week 1: 6am to 2.30pm
Week 2: 1.30pm to 10pm
Reporting to the Aftermarket Controller/Shift Supervisor, the main job function will be to undertake maintenance and repair activities on commercial vehicles of all types, to diagnose faults, carry out tests on vehicles and effect permanent and complete repairs.
Other duties within the role will include:
- Completing paperwork and procedures relating to warranty, contract & retail work;
- Preventative maintenance work to minimise unnecessary customer costs;
- Any other duties reasonably within your capabilities as instructed by their Manager
The successful candidate will have the following qualifications, skills and experience:
- Obtained a City & Guilds or other adequate qualification;
- Experience in the diagnosis, servicing, maintenance and repair of vehicles;
- Organised and methodical approach to problem solving with attention to detail;
- Undertaken manufacturers training courses and maintained knowledge of work methods and technical data;
- Full and current UK driving licence, an LGV licence would be advantageous;
- A friendly, confident and professional manner with excellent communication skills.
- Ability to work well under pressure and as part of a larger team as well as on their own initiative.
Contact our HR Dept for further details contact our HR Dept. on 0151 549 3085 or send a covering letter and CV to: firstname.lastname@example.org by 5th June 2018