Vehicle Technician-Livingston VMU-Scotland
Looking for opportunities with great prospects?
At Thomas Hardie Commercials Ltd we pride ourselves on delivering great customer service every day.
We currently have an opportunity for a conscientious and enthusiastic individual to join the Service Department at the Livingston VMU in the capacity of Vehicle Technician working a night shift from Monday to Friday from 10pm to 6.30am.
Reporting to the Workshop Controller, the main job function will be to undertake the highest quality maintenance and repair activities on commercial vehicles and trailers; to diagnose faults and to effect permanent first-time fix repairs.
The VMU’s primary function is to provide a first-class fleet support to one of our largest Customers with a new fleet of Volvo trucks and a large fleet of refrigerated trailers. We are also expanding the customer base to attract more local business to the Depot.
Other duties within the role will include:
- Preventative maintenance work to minimise unnecessary customer costs.
- Completing paperwork and procedures relating to warranty, contract & retail work.
- Any other duties reasonably within your capabilities as instructed.
The successful candidate will have the following qualifications, skills and experience:
- Obtained a City & Guilds or other adequate qualification.
- Vehicle and Trailer diagnostics including servicing, maintenance and repairs.
- Organised and methodical approach to problem solving with attention to detail.
- Tail lift maintenance experience.
- Body repair experience for minor trailer damage.
- Undertaken manufacturers training courses and maintained knowledge of work methods and technical data.
- Full and current UK driving licence; an LGV licence would be advantageous.
- A friendly, confident and professional manner with excellent communication skills.
- Ability to work well under pressure and as part of a larger team, as well as demonstrating own initiative.
Contact our HR Dept for further details contact our HR Dept. on 0151 549 3085 or send a covering letter and CV to: email@example.com by 6th June 2018