Parts Van Sales/Delivery Driver - Trafford
Looking for opportunities with great prospects?
At Thomas Hardie Commercials Ltd we pride ourselves on delivering great customer service every day.
We currently have an opportunity for a conscientious and enthusiastic individual to join the Parts Department at the Trafford Park Depot in the capacity of Parts Van Sales/Delivery Driver working Monday to Friday, 8am to 4.30pm plus alternate Saturday mornings.
Reporting to the Parts Supervisor, the main job function will be to seek ways to increase parts and accessory sales by identifying customer needs and incremental items to sell and to provide a quick and efficient delivery service ensuring that all customer requirements are met.
Other duties within the role will include:
- Identify new customer opportunities and discuss with the Parts Supervisor how to achieve extra sales.
- Assist with promotions, events and marketing initiatives.
- Ensure that all parts sold and delivered are in serviceable condition and suitable for their intended use.
- Record deliveries maintaining a signature for the receipt of goods and collect returned goods and issue receipts;
- Perform external stock checks with customers as required;
- Handle, store and move stock so as to avoid and eliminate, wastage, damage and deterioration.
- Carry out daily vehicle checks and complete the checklist;
- Maintain the Company vehicle.
The successful candidate will have the following qualifications, skills and experience:
- Previous experience working in a customer facing role in a sales environment, experience in a parts/delivery role would be advantageous;
- Computer literate with a good knowledge of Microsoft Office packages including Work and Excel;
- Experience of Parts AS400 or similar system is preferred;
- Excellent communication skills and the ability to work under pressure and on own initiative.
- Full and current UK driving licence. A fork lift licence would be advantageous.
Contact our HR Dept for further details contact our HR Dept. on 0151 549 3085 or send a covering letter and CV to: HR@thardie.co.uk by 30th November 2018