Parts Advisor - Middlewich
Looking for opportunities with great prospects?
At Thomas Hardie Commercials Ltd we pride ourselves on delivering great customer service every day.
We currently have an opportunity for a conscientious and enthusiastic individual to join the Parts Department at the Middlewich depot in the capacity of Parts Advisor working an alternative shift pattern as below:
Week 1: 6am to 2.30pm
Week 2: 8am to 4.30pm
Week 3: 10.30am to 7pm
Plus alternate Saturday mornings from 8am to 12noon.
Reporting to the Parts Supervisor, with the emphasis on customer satisfaction, you will be responsible for wherever possible offering any additional parts and accessories to customers and identifying, locating and picking parts for workshop staff and customers by means of acquired knowledge, parts catalogues and computer stock lists.
Other duties within the role will include:
- To receive stock into the department and correctly locate items
- Recording deliveries and maintaining a signature for the receipt of goods
- Collect returned goods and issue receipts
- Perform external stock checks with customers as required
- Carry out daily vehicle checks and complete the checklist
- Maintain the Company vehicle
- Previous experience within a Parts role and/or within the industry, including customer service experience;
- Numeracy and literacy skills to a level to deal with parts documentation;
- The ability to identify parts from parts catalogues, microfiches and electronic media;
- Understand basic vehicle make-up;
- Excellent customer facing and interpersonal skills;
- Be competent in the use of a stock control system;
- Be well organised and confident and able to work well under pressure;
- Computer literate with a good knowledge of Microsoft Office packages;
- Experience of Parts AS400 or similar system is preferred;
- Full and current UK driving licence. A fork lift licence would be advantageous.