Frontline Technician - Deeside
Looking for opportunities with great prospects?
At Thomas Hardie Commercials Ltd we pride ourselves on delivering great customer service every day.
We currently have a vacancy for a motivated, self-starter to join the Bus and Coach Frontline Vehicle Technician team, primarily based at the Deeside depot working a 4 on 4 off shift pattern from 10am to 10pm OR 6am to 6pm.
The main job function will be to work as part of a small team to provide through excellent working relations, Volvo Frontline Support to our bus customers within a fairly large geographical area. When frontline work is not available you will be required to return to one of the depots to resume normal shift work where you will undertake maintenance and repair activities on commercial vehicles of all types, diagnose faults, carry out tests on vehicles and effect permanent and complete repairs.
Other duties within the role will include:
- Completing paperwork and procedures relating to warranty, contract & retail work
- Preventative maintenance work to minimise unnecessary customer costs
- Any other duties reasonably within your capabilities as instructed by their Manager
- Obtained a City & Guilds or other adequate qualification;
- Experience in the diagnosis, servicing, maintenance and repair of vehicles;
- Organised and methodical approach to problem solving with attention to detail;
- Undertaken manufacturers training courses and maintained knowledge of work methods and technical data;
- Full and current UK driving licence, an LGV licence would be advantageous;
- A friendly, confident and professional manner with excellent communication skills.
- Ability to work well under pressure and as part of a larger team as well as on their own initiative
Primarily based in the Deeside region, the candidates may also be required to be flexible and work within the Northwest as required.
Contact our HR Dept for further details contact our HR Dept. on 0151 549 3085 or send a covering letter and CV to: HR [at] thardie [dot] co [dot] uk by 20th November 2018