Frontline Vehicle Technician- Preston Region
Looking for opportunities with great prospects?
At Thomas Hardie Commercials Ltd we pride ourselves on delivering great customer service every day.
We currently have a vacancy for a motivated, self starter to join the Bus and Coach Frontline Vehicle Technician team, primarily based in the Preston region, working the following alternating pattern of work:
Week 1: Monday to Friday, 8am to 4.30pm
Week 2: Monday to Friday, 8am to 4.30pm
Week 3: Monday to Friday, 8am to 4.30pm
Week 4: Monday to Friday, 8am to 4.30pm
Week 5: Monday to Friday, 8am to 4.30pm
Week 6: Monday to Friday, 8am to 4.30pm plus
Be on standby / callout for the Company on Frontline matters from Monday to Friday between the hours of 4.30pm to 9pm and Saturday & Sunday from 8am to 6pm on week 6. The candidate must also be flexible in their normal working week to ensure the coverage and support of customers within their designated area between 6am and 9pm from Monday to Friday.
The main job function will be to work as part of a small team to provide through excellent working relations, Volvo Frontline Support to our bus customers within a fairly large geographical area. When frontline work is not available you will be required to return to one of the depots to resume normal shift work where you will undertake maintenance and repair activities on commercial vehicles of all types, diagnose faults, carry out tests on vehicles and effect permanent and complete repairs.
Other duties within the role will include:
- Completing paperwork and procedures relating to warranty, contract & retail work;
- Preventative maintenance work to minimise unnecessary customer costs;
- Any other duties reasonably within your capabilities as instructed by their Manager.
The successful candidate will have the following qualifications, skills and experience:
- Obtained a City & Guilds or other adequate qualification;
- Experience in the diagnosis, servicing, maintenance and repair of vehicles;
- Organised and methodical approach to problem solving with attention to detail;
- Undertaken manufacturers training courses and maintained knowledge of work methods and technical data;
- Full and current UK driving licence, an LGV licence would be advantageous;
- A friendly, confident and professional manner with excellent communication skills.
- Ability to work well under pressure and as part of a larger team as well as on their own initiative.
A Company van will be provided for use whilst carrying out frontline duties and you will be required to join the frontline call out rota for which you will receive standby and call out payments.
Primarily based in the Preston region, the candidate may also be required to be flexible and work within the Northwest as required.
Contact our HR Dept for further details contact our HR Dept. on 0151 549 3085 or send a covering letter and CV to: firstname.lastname@example.org by 29th May 2018