Vehicle Technician x 2 - VMU Widnes Area
Looking for opportunities with great prospects?
We currently have an opportunity for two Vehicle Technicians to work as part of a small team at the VMU unit in Widnes.
The operation will run 7 days per week, 6:00 – 18:00 initially, with 4-on 4-off shifts.
Reporting to the Shift Supervisor, the main job function will be to undertake maintenance and repair activities on commercial vehicles/trailers of all types, to diagnose faults, carry out tests on vehicles and effect permanent and complete repairs.
Other duties within the role will include:
- Completing paperwork and procedures relating to warranty, contract & retail work;
- Preventative maintenance work to minimise unnecessary customer costs;
- Any other duties reasonably within your capabilities as instructed by their Supervisor/Manager.
- Obtained a City & Guilds or other adequate qualification;
- Experience in the diagnosis, servicing, maintenance and repair of vehicles;
- Organised and methodical approach to problem solving with attention to detail;
- Undertaken manufacturers training courses and maintained knowledge of work methods and technical data;
- Full and current UK driving licence, an LGV licence is preferred but not essential;
- A friendly, confident and professional manner with excellent communication skills.
- Ability to work well under pressure and as part of a larger team as well as on their own initiative.