Vehicle Body Repairer/ Hydraulic Engineer - Chorley (THVS)
Looking for opportunities with great prospects?
We currently have an opportunity for a conscientious and enthusiastic individual to join Thomas Hardie Vehicle Solutions at the Accident Repair Centre in Chorley in the capacity of Vehicle Body Repairer/Hydraulic Engineer working an alternating early and late shift, Monday to Friday:
Week 1: 5am to 2.30pm
Week 2: 1pm to 10.30pm.
Reporting to the VMU Manager and Workshop Controller and working as part of a small team, the main job function will be to repair trailers and assist with the repair of commercial vehicles including fitting hydraulic equipment to commercial vehicles and fabricate new or reworked materials as required and stripping vehicles in preparation for painting and welding.
Other duties within the role will include:
- Examining vehicles and reporting on any defects and the vehicle condition both verbally and in writing;
- To book time and parts used in the process of building or repairing of commercial vehicles;
- Manufacture component parts as required and within the limitations of machinery and equipment available;
- Assess and cost repairs (in certain circumstances);
- Any other duties in line with the role and reasonably within capabilities.
- Previous experience of working within the motor vehicle industry, preferably within a body repair and/or paint workshop;
- Recognised industry qualifications;
- Be confident and well organised with excellent verbal and written communication skills;
- Be able to work well on their own initiative as well as part of a larger team and work well under pressure;
- Full and current driving licence, an LGV licence Class 1 is essential/would be a distinct advantage;
- Be prepared to work from other THC locations as required.