Supervisor Technician x 2 - VMU Widnes Area
Looking for opportunities with great prospects?
We currently have an opportunity for two Supervisor Technicians to work as part of a small team at the VMU unit in Widnes.
The operation will run 7 days per week, 6:00 – 18:00 initially, with 4-on 4-off shifts.
Reporting to the Liverpool Business Manager, the successful candidates will be required to deal with the day to day supervision of the staff and work on the shift as well as also repair and maintain heavy goods vehicles themselves.
The main duties within the role will include:
- The supervision and delegation of work to the appropriately skilled personnel;
- Assisting in on the job training and development of new and existing personnel including apprentices;
- Liaising and communicating with other supervisors within the section and communicating with customers as required, with support as required through the Liverpool team;
- Ensuring maximum utilisation and efficiency of hours available;
- Ensure job card write up are completed to standard;
- Carry out final appraisals of work/repair orders, ensuring jobs are correctly laid out to all detail as applicable, together with authorised signatures;
- Provide technical advice and guidance to the Technician team;
- To carry out quality checks as per the Company quality procedures;
- Be flexible on working week/shifts to maximise contact with staff, suppliers and the customer;
- Identify any training needs for your staff with the Workshop Controller;
- Any other duties reasonably within your capabilities as instructed by your manager.
- Obtained a City & Guilds or other adequate qualification;
- Experience in the diagnosis, servicing, maintenance and repair of vehicles;
- Organised and methodical approach to problem solving with attention to detail;
- Undertaken manufacturers training courses and maintained knowledge of work methods and technical data;
- Full and current UK driving licence, an LGV licence is preferred but not essential;
- A friendly, confident and professional manner with excellent communication skills.
- Ability to work well under pressure and as part of a larger team as well as on their own initiative.