Senior Payroll Administrator - Liverpool Depot
Looking for opportunities with great prospects?
We currently have an opportunity for a conscientious and enthusiastic individual to join the HR & Payroll Department at the Liverpool Depot in the capacity of Senior Payroll Administrator working Monday to Friday from 8.30am to 4.30pm.
The position is initially for a 12month fixed term contract with the potential to become a permanent role.
Reporting to the Group Human Resources & Payroll Manager, the main job function will be to ensure that all Company employees are paid in a timely, efficient and accurate manner.
Other duties within the role are:
- To systemise and process information from the Time & Attendance system to ensure timely production of monthly payroll, paying via BACS, and liaising with depot service administrators to correct any errors and deal with any wage queries;
- To liaise with HMRC accordingly and to analyse, reconcile and process all monthly accounts;
- Provide cover as required for weekly payroll;
- To ensure that the accurate manual input of department hours, shift allowance and overtime are in line with current pay and conditions applicable at each depot;
- To check payslips for accuracy of hour’s rates and distributing accordingly;
- To balance and process RTI submissions for each payroll through the Government Gateway Programme;
- To process pension Auto Enrolment and Company pension documents as necessary;
- To calculate and process tax and benefits, and allocation of all statutory payments including, SSP SPP and SMP;
- To process all payroll duties including but not limited to: - year end process, production of P60, P11d, and PSA;
- To calculate and process statutory and voluntary deductions, including but not limited to: - salary sacrifice, AEO, CSA, CAPS, Medicash and loans.
- Previous experience of working within a payroll position including account reconciliation and processing;
- Experience of using Sage 50 Payroll and reconciling monthly accounts and be fully conversant with relevant payroll legislation including Working Time, Pensions and Auto Enrolment, and statutory deductions and payments;
- Have excellent organisation and time management skills ensuring attention to detail with prior experience of processing high volumes of data efficiently, accurately and to strict deadlines;
- Be able to work well under pressure and on their own initiative as well as part of a larger team;
- To have a flexible, confident and approachable working manner with excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- To be IT literate with an excellent working knowledge of Microsoft Excel as well as be confident using other Microsoft packages including Office and Access.
- Have a full and current UK driving licence.
0151 549 3085 or send a covering letter and CV to: HR@thardie.co.uk by 26th of March 2019.