Parts Sales Representative (Field Based) - Newry08/01/21
Dennison Commercials Ltd is the sole Volvo Truck & Bus dealer and the leading provider of heavy commercial vehicles in Northern Ireland.
We are currently seeking a Full Time (field based) Parts Sales Representative to join our Denn-Part business which provides alternative parts for all makes, truck, trailer components, accessories and used parts.
This is a key role within the aftersales side of our business, focusing primarily on promoting our Denn-Part offering, to both existing and new customers, in addition to supporting sales opportunities for Genuine Volvo Parts.
The role will be tailored to a defined geographical area covering the Southern region of the province and will liaise closely with our award winning Newry Depot.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
· To implement tailored customer plans for our existing customer base
· To identify, and secure, new customers and implement tailored customer plans with clear guidance on parts and servicing prices
· Record customer visits, calls and contact within the CM software package
· Obtain market intelligence and report competitor activity
· Identify impress stock opportunities and agree these with local depot management prior to setting up customer agreements. Monitor and manage impress stock levels on a monthly basis
· Promote Denn-Part and Genuine Volvo Parts without compromising gross profit
· Report to management, errors, discrepancies, and damages for action to be taken
· Raise necessary invoices and goods return notes in conjunction with local depot
· Deliver and collect parts using the most efficient and effective routes and methods
· Assist with the co-ordination of campaigns, events, and represent the company as required
· Pass on customer complaints in line with company procedures
· Respond to customer queries in a timely manner and keep in regular contact with customers to obtain sales of Company products or services
· Maintain personal appearance/presentation, and working habits to reflect both the company and brand image
Qualifications, Experience & Attitude:
· Previous knowledge and experience of the heavy vehicle industry is highly desirable
· Previous relevant sales experience is essential, preferably in relation to vehicle parts sales
· Previous experience and use of CM systems would be desirable
· Possess strong commercial and business acumen
· Ability to prospect sales professionally and competently and negotiate effectively
· The ability to build and maintain strong, positive working relationships to drive customer loyalty and confidence
· Be an excellent communicator who listens actively and thinks strategically
· Possess a proactive, flexible and methodical approach to work
· Possess the drive to identify or anticipate future opportunities
· Be self-motivated, with the ability to work under pressure using their own initiative
· Be able to manage their time effectively
· Possess demonstrable knowledge of Microsoft Office packages including Outlook, Word and Excel
· Possess a full, valid driving licence
This is an excellent opportunity to work within a very successful and well-established business.
If you think you possess the necessary skills and have a positive ‘can do’ attitude, we want to hear from you!
To apply for this vacancy please complete the application pack (downloadable by clicking here) and return to email@example.com or alternatively post to:
Lisa Millar Dennison Commercials Ltd 37 Hillhead Road Ballyclare County Antrim BT39 9DS
Closing Date for Applications is 1:00pm on Friday 22nd January 2021
As an equal opportunities employer, Dennison Commercials Ltd. welcomes applicants regardless of age, sex, marital status, race, sexual orientation, religious belief, political opinion or disability.