Dennison Commercials Ltd is the sole Volvo Truck & Bus dealer and the leading provider of heavy commercial vehicles in Northern Ireland.
Our business offers new and used Volvo truck and bus sales, rental trucks and all aftermarket services, including all aspects of service, repair and parts provision. We are also the official JCB dealer for construction, industrial and access equipment and generators in Northern Ireland and Donegal.
The successful candidate will join an existing accounts team of 7 staff in a busy role, based out of our main Ballyclare offices. The role will involve responsibility for a range of accounts duties as outlined below.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- Posting vehicle/plant sales invoices and compilation of monthly sales summaries
- Generation of monthly vehicle contract invoices, credit notes and reports
- Daily banking for our Rentals department
- Posting journals to accounts system
- Completion of bank reconciliations
- Providing copy invoices and statements as required
- Producing daily WIP reports
- Completion of customer retail spend analysis
- Producing regular analysis reports
- Intrastat & EC Sales List Preparation
- Compiling sales ledger DD files for GBP/EUR and importing to bank
- Amending purchase ledger DD payments and importing to bank
- Providing cover for Accounts Payable in processing invoices and posting batches to the system
- Meeting month end deadlines
Job Measurement Data:
- Undertake the job competently and professionally
- Use working time efficiently and effectively
- Be pro-active in the delivery of the service
- Provide information promptly to assist with profitability and cashflow
- Identify any potential problems or issues and advise on them accordingly
- Undertake training initiatives as required by the Company
Job Requirements & Qualifications
Skills, Qualifications & Experience
The successful candidate will ideally:
- IATI qualification is desirable but not essential
- Possess relevant accounts administration experience in a fast paced and busy accounts department
- Possess previous experience of the aforementioned key duties and responsibilities
- Have previous experience of using accounts packages
- Be able to demonstrate excellent IT proficiency and experience of using Microsoft Excel to an advanced level
- Be able to demonstrate excellent numeracy skills and financial awareness
- Be able to demonstrate excellent communication skills
- Be able to demonstrate excellent organisational and time management skills
- Have a proven ability to work as part of a team to achieve a common objective
- Educated to GCSE Level and have 5 GCSEs Grade C or above
Aptitudes, Values & Work Ethic
The successful candidate will:
• Be motivated, enthusiastic and energetic
• Have excellent communication skills and the ability to communicate and liaise well with staff at all levels across the business
• Possess a proactive, creative and flexible working approach
• Have the ability and willingness to work as part of a team, or work with minimal supervision and on their own initiative
• Have the ability to pay attention to detail and solve problems efficiently
• Have the drive and determination to complete work efficiently on time
• Have strong organisational skills and an ability to structure work load efficiently
• Be willing to accept change and have the ability and flexibility to adapt accordingly as business needs require
In addition to a competitive salary we also offer a benefits package that includes generous holidays, a generous company pension scheme and a health cash plan for your everyday healthcare needs.
This is an exciting opportunity to work within a very successful and well-established business.
If you think you possess the necessary skills and have a positive 'can do' attitude, we want to hear from you!
To apply for this vacancy please complete the application pack (downloadable by clicking here) and return to firstname.lastname@example.org or alternatively post to:
Lisa Millar Dennison Commercials Ltd 37 Hillhead Road Ballyclare County Antrim BT39 9DS
Closing date for receipt of completed applications is 1:00pm on Friday 22nd January 2021
As an equal opportunities employer, Dennison Commercials Ltd. welcomes applicants regardless of age, sex, marital status, race, sexual orientation, religious belief, political opinion or disability.