This is an exciting opportunity to join an expanding business and provide key centralised support to our Used Trucks department. The role would be ideally suited to a newly qualified graduate or someone who is proactive and is keen to embark on their first steps of a business career within the heavy vehicle industry. Support and guidance will be provided to the successful candidate through on the job training by the existing established Used Truck team of staff.
The initial key duties of the role are as outlined below and it is envisaged that the role will evolve to include further duties over time:
• Managing the end of contract process for our used trucks portfolio; contacting customers regarding contract expiries, arranging extensions and vehicle returns.
• Managing and updating stock list and fleet data on excel • Logging and advising customers of vehicle damages
• Report on used stock portfolio and provide sales analysis
• Administration duties required with returning and sold trucks (including updating tax books, vehicle taxation, prepping handover documents etc)
• Communicating with other departments to provide updates on vehicles in prep
• Completion of warranty uploads
• Completion of intercompany invoicing, external customer invoicing and arranging credits
• Dealing with customer queries face to face, and also via e-mail and telephone
• Other ad hoc duties commensurate with the position
The core hours for this role will be Monday to Friday, 9:00am – 5:30pm, however, some flexibility will be required as and when needed dependent on workload.
Job Requirements & Qualifications
Skills, Qualifications & Experience
• Possess a third level qualification in a business/transport/logistics related discipline
• Knowledge or experience of the automotive/motor factors/heavy vehicle industry would be desirable
• Previous experience of completing tasks efficiently on a daily basis within a busy, fast paced environment is essential
• Possess the ability to communicate effectively at all levels, both verbally and written and both internally and externally
• Possess an excellent level of computer proficiency and demonstrable experience of using Microsoft Office packages
• Possess strong organisational skills and excellent attention to detail
• Have the ability to structure workload efficiently
• Be able to work effectively as part of a team whilst also possessing the ability to work effectively with minimal supervision
• Hold a full driving licence
Aptitudes, Values & Work Ethic
The successful candidate will:
• Approach tasks in a systematic and logical fashion ensuring completion to plan and to quality standards
• Take ownership of tasks and follow through accordingly
• Have a proven track record of delivering a high calibre of customer service
• Be self-motivated, proactive and have the ability to work on their own initiative
• Have the ability to prioritise effectively and be highly organised
• Be willing to accept change and have the ability and flexibility to adapt accordingly as business needs require
Rate of pay will be dependent on experience.
Other benefits include 30 days’ paid holiday, a generous pension scheme, life insurance benefit, a health cash plan and access to a cycle to work scheme.
This is an excellent opportunity to work within a very successful and well-established business.
If you think you possess the necessary skills and have a positive 'can do' attitude, we want to hear from you!
To apply for this vacancy please download the job application form below.
Applications should be returned to: Lisa Millar Dennison Commercials Ltd 37 Hillhead Road Ballyclare County Antrim BT39 9DS
Closing date for receipt of completed applications is 1:00pm on Friday 16th April 2021
As an equal opportunities employer, Dennison Commercials Ltd. welcomes applicants regardless of age, sex, marital status, race, sexual orientation, religious belief, political opinion or disability.