Dennison Commercials Ltd is the sole Volvo Truck & Bus dealer and the leading provider of heavy commercial vehicles in Northern Ireland. We are currently seeking a Cleaner for our main Depot site in Ballyclare.
The successful candidate will be required to carry out all types of general cleaning across the depot site to ensure the workshop, parts store, washrooms and exterior grounds are kept clean and tidy.
Cleaning duties will include removing debris, packaging and redundant parts from the workshop, emptying bins and disposing of waste products appropriately (including hazardous waste), cleaning toilet facilities, dusting, vacuuming, mopping floors and general tidying up.
Please note there will be a strong element of manual handling within this role due to the nature of our business.
Hours of Work
We envisage this role being full time hours, working 8:30am to 5:00pm, Monday to Friday.
Skills, Qualifications & Experience
The successful candidate will have cleaning experience outside of the home ideally within an industrial or commercial workplace environment and will have familiarity and understanding of health and safety regulations associated with cleaning, ensuring all cleaning products are used and stored correctly. He or She will have high standards of cleanliness and will be reliable and trustworthy.
Please e-mail your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org or alternatively download an application pack by visiting our website at www.dennisons.co.uk and clicking on careers.
Generous company pension scheme plus other attractive benefits also available including, a health cash plan, childcare vouchers, cycle to work scheme, death in service benefit etc.
Closing date for applications is Monday 1st October 2018 at 1:00pm
As an equal opportunities employer, Dennison Commercials Ltd. welcomes applicants regardless of age, sex, marital status, race, sexual orientation, religious belief, political opinion or disability.
Previous relevant experience of:
- Mig & spot welding
- Removal and replacement of welded panels.
Previous experience of:
- Panel beating repairs on commercial / heavy goods vehicle
- Cab and chassis straightening and alignment
- Full cab replacement
- Metal, Electrical and Trim
Aptitudes, Values & Work Ethic
The successful candidates will:
- Insist on the highest quality of workmanship, whilst concentrating on efficiencies
- Be reliable and have excellent timekeeping and attendance recordsWork with safety in mind at all times
- Be honest and courteous
- Be accountable
- Have a responsible and methodical attitude to work
- Be motivated and enthusiastic
- Have the ability and willingness to work as part of a team
- There will be opportunity for overtime as and when required.
- A competitive rate of pay will be available, to be decided dependent on experience.
- Other benefits include:
- 30 days’ paid holiday
- Company pension scheme with very generous matching employer contributions
- Health cash plan
- Childcare voucher scheme
- Cycle to work scheme
- Death in service benefit
- Free staff car parking
- This is an excellent opportunity to work within a very successful and well-established business.