Commercial Vehicle Technicians (Ballyclare) - £1,500 Joining Bonus
Dennison Commercials Ltd is the sole Volvo Truck & Bus dealer and the leading provider of heavy commercial vehicles in Northern Ireland. We are currently seeking Full Time Commercial Vehicle Technicians for our Ballyclare Dealerpoint.
The successful candidate will be required to perform vehicle fleet inspections, diagnostic testing and carry out servicing, maintenance and repairs including the replacement of parts.
The work pattern for this role will be Tuesday to Saturday (08:30 – 18:00, Tues – Fri & 08:30 – 12:30 Sat) and there will be opportunity for overtime available.
Job Requirements & Qualifications
Skills, Qualifications & Experience
The successful candidates will be experienced, time-served technicians with a strong desire to develop their career within a progressive organisation.
Relevant truck, bus and trailer industry experience is essential.
Aptitudes, Values & Work Ethic
The successful candidates will:
- Insist on the highest quality of workmanship, whilst concentrating on efficiencies
- Have a desire to achieve ‘right first time’ on all workmanship
- Be reliable and have excellent timekeeping and attendance records
- Work with safety in mind at all times
- Be honest and courteous
- Be accountable
- Have a responsible and methodical attitude to work
- Be motivated and enthusiastic
- Have the ability and willingness to work as part of a team
In addition to the below we are also offering a joining bonus of £1,500 for successful candidates who are appointed to these positions. Please see below for terms and conditions of the joining bonus.
Attractive, market-leading rate of pay with opportunity to earn additional performance-related bonuses and overtime, 30 days’ paid holiday, generous pension scheme, access to childcare voucher scheme, and manufacturer training programmes.
This is an excellent opportunity to work within a very successful and well-established business.
For more information about careers at Dennisons, please visit www.dennisons.co.uk and click on careers.
If you think you possess the necessary skills and have a positive 'can do' attitude, we want to hear from you!
To apply for this vacancy, please download an application form and return to:
Mrs Lisa Millar
Dennison Commercials Ltd
37 Hillhead Road
Closing date for receipt of completed applications is 29th July at 5:00pm.
As an equal opportunities employer, Dennison Commercials Ltd. welcomes applicants regardless of age, sex, marital status, race, sexual orientation, religious belief, political opinion or disability.
Terms of Joining Bonus with Dennison Commercials Ltd
Successful candidates (from this recruitment campaign) who are appointed to the position of Commercial Vehicle Technician at our Ballyclare Dealerpoint will be entitled to receive a joining bonus of £1,500 to be paid as follows and to be subject to the below terms and conditions.
Please note the joining bonus will not apply to previous employees of Dennison Commercials or to applicants who have previously applied for this position.
Payment of the bonus:
- The bonus will be paid in two equal instalments of £750
- The first £750 instalment will be paid after 3 months service from the start date of your employment with Dennison Commercials
- The second instalment will be paid after 6 months service from the start date of your employment with Dennison Commercials
- The bonus will be paid directly into your bank account through the payroll and will be subject to tax and national insurance deductions.
Terms and Conditions associated with the bonus:
- The bonus payments are subject to satisfactory progress at the mid and end points of your probationary period.
- The company may extend the period after which either instalment may be paid if you are absent from work due to illness or injury. The period of extension will normally be no longer than the period of absence.
- The bonus payment will not be paid if you have handed in your notice at the time the bonus payment is due.
- The bonus payment may be withheld if there are any conduct or capability issues concerning your performance at work or if you have been subject to disciplinary proceedings.
In the event of any dispute over bonus payments under the above terms, the Managing Director’s decision will be final.