Service Advisor - Dungannon
Dennison Commercials Ltd is the sole Volvo Truck & Bus dealer and the leading provider of heavy commercial vehicles in Northern Ireland. We are currently recruiting a Service Advisor to join the team at our Dungannon Dealerpoint.
Hours of Work
Core hours of work will be Monday to Friday; 8:30am – 5:00pm with flexibility to work on Saturday mornings as required.
Key Duties & Responsibilities
• Being the first line of contact for customers, greeting them in a courteous manner and interpreting their requirements
• Generating service schedules and sending reminders
• Booking PSV appointments
• Issuing workshop job cards
• Monitoring progress of vehicles in workshop
• Processing and closing out workshop job cards
• Assisting with invoicing
• Liaising with Workshop Foreman/Supervisors to maximise workshop loading and planning, to ensure efficiency and profitability
• Contacting customers to inform them of any additional work required and providing accurate quotations to gain the necessary authority to complete the work
• Contacting customers upon job completion, competently explaining the work that has been carried out and arranging vehicle collection/delivery
• Ensuring customer satisfaction at all times through delivery of the Volvo ‘Customer Commitments’, assisting with customer follow up to ascertain service level satisfaction, and ensuring that all customer complaints are handled courteously and efficiently
• Other general administration duties, such as running various daily, weekly and monthly reports, scanning and filing paperwork, record archiving and general word processing
Job Requirements & Qualifications
Skills, Qualifications & Experience
The successful candidate must be able to provide proof of, or demonstrate prior experience of, the following:
• Relevant service reception experience or experience of working within a franchised car / heavy vehicle dealership would be highly desirable
• Be educated to GCSE standard or equivalent, including Maths and English
• Possess strong administration skills
• Possess excellent organisational skills and the ability to adapt to changing circumstances.
• Possess the ability to communicate effectively at all levels, both verbally and written and both internally and externally
• Possess an ability to structure workload in an efficient manner
• Be able to cope working under pressure
• Must be confident with telephone communication and possess a polite and professional telephone manner
• Possess an excellent level of computer proficiency
• Be able to work effectively as part of a team whilst also possessing the ability to work effectively with minimal supervision
• Have a full and clean driving licence
• Although not essential, some existing mechanical knowledge would be advantageous.
Aptitudes, Values & Work Ethic
The successful candidate will:
• Be a fast learner
• Be organised, methodical, proactive and enthusiastic
• Have the ability to work as part of a team and be able to work on own initiative
• Have a warm, friendly and outgoing personality
• Ensure that all written and verbal communication is of a standard that reflects the Volvo Trucks image and guidelines
• Be willing to accept change and have the ability and flexibility to adapt accordingly as business needs require
• Be tenacious and of a questioning nature
• Be open and honest at all times and always work with integrity
• Possess a willingness to learn and succeed
• Insist on the highest quality work, whilst concentrating on efficiencies
This is an excellent opportunity to work within a very successful and well-established business.
If you think you possess the necessary skills and have a positive ‘can do’ attitude, we want to hear from you!
To apply for this vacancy, please download an application pack from and return to:
Mrs Lisa Millar
Dennison Commercials Ltd
37 Hillhead Road
Closing Date for Applications is 15th Feb 2019.
As an equal opportunities employer, Dennison Commercials Ltd. welcomes applicants regardless of age, sex, marital status, race, sexual orientation, religious belief, political opinion or disability.