Accounts Administrator - Ballyclare
Dennison Commercials Ltd is the sole Volvo Truck & Bus dealer and the leading provider of heavy commercial vehicles in Northern Ireland. Our business offers new and used Volvo truck and bus sales, rental trucks and all aftermarket services, including all aspects of service, repair and parts provision.
This is an additional new position to our existing accounts team of 6 staff and will be based at our Headquarters in Ballyclare.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- Cash management including processing of entries for multiple bank accounts alongside cheque and cash lodgements
- Allocation of bank accounts and credit cards
- Responsibility for Accounts Receivable and Accounts Payable allocation
- Chasing remittances for payments
- Meeting daily and month end deadlines
- Completion of general HR administration tasks
Job Measurement Data:
- Undertake the job competently and professionally
- Use working time efficiently and effectively
- Be pro-active in the delivery of the service
- Provide information promptly to assist with profitability and cashflow
- Identify any potential problems or issues and advise on them accordingly
- Undertake training initiatives as required by the Company
Job Requirements & Qualifications
Skills, Qualifications & Experience
The successful candidate will ideally:
- Possess relevant accounts administration experience in a fast paced and busy accounts department
- Possess previous experience of the aforementioned key duties and responsibilities
- Have previous experience of using accounts packages
- Be able to demonstrate excellent IT proficiency and experience of using Microsoft Excel to a reasonable level for the role
- Understand the importance of confidentiality and be trustworthy with sensitive information
- Be able to demonstrate excellent numeracy skills and financial awareness
- Be able to demonstrate excellent organisational and time management skills
- Have a proven ability to work as part of a team to achieve a common objective
- Educated to GCSE Level and have 5 GCSEs Grade C or above
Aptitudes, Values & Work Ethic
The successful candidate will:
• Be motivated, enthusiastic and energetic
• Have excellent communication skills and the ability to communicate and liaise well with staff at all levels across the business
• Possess a proactive and flexible working approach
• Have the ability and willingness to work as part of a team, or work with minimal supervision and on their own initiative
• Have the ability to pay attention to detail and solve problems efficiently
• Have the drive and determination to complete work efficiently on time
• Have strong organisational skills and an ability to structure work load efficiently
• Be willing to accept change and have the ability and flexibility to adapt accordingly as business needs require
In addition to a competitive salary we also offer a benefits package that includes generous holidays, a generous company pension scheme and a health cash plan for your everyday healthcare needs.
This is an exciting opportunity to work within a very successful and well-established business.
For more information about careers at Dennisons and to download an application pack for this role, please visit www.dennisons.co.uk/jobs
If you think you possess the necessary skills and have a positive 'can do' attitude, we want to hear from you!
Closing date for receipt of completed applications is 1:00pm on Tuesday 4th December 2018
As an equal opportunities employer, Dennison Commercials Ltd. welcomes applicants regardless of age, sex, marital status, race, sexual orientation, religious belief, political opinion or disability.