Commercial Vehicle Technician (Coleraine)
We are currently seeking a Full Time Commercial Vehicle Technician to be based primarily at our Coleraine Depot. This post comes with a £1,500 joining bonus.
Commercial Vehicle Technician - £1,500 Joining Bonus
Dennison Commercials Ltd is the sole Volvo Truck & Bus dealer and the leading provider of heavy commercial vehicles in Northern Ireland. We are currently seeking Full Time Commercial Vehicle Technicians for our Coleraine Dealerpoint.
The successful candidate will be required to perform vehicle fleet inspections, diagnostic testing and carry out servicing, maintenance and repairs including the replacement of parts.
Key Duties & Responsibilities:
- Completion of jobs from general servicing to fault finding, working on electrics and carrying out strips and rebuilds
- Ensuring repairs are carried out according to manufacturer’s procedures in a safe and responsible manner
- Ensure repairs are carried out in accordance with Standard Times using special tools where appropriate
- Assist in the fault diagnosis process
- Comply with warranty procedures during repairs and with warranty material on completion of a repair
- Work with the parts team to ensure correct replacement parts are fitted to vehicles
- Road test vehicles if required (if holder of an HGV licence)
- Assist with Roadside breakdowns (if required to do so)
- Ensure all vehicle defects are reported to Workshop Supervisor
- Ensure service sheets are completed as per Company instructions
- Ensure Company time recording processes are complied with and job cards are completely accurately
- Ensure that workshop facilities, equipment and tools are kept clean, tidy and maintained
- Wear Personal Protective Equipment when appropriate
- Support the development of apprentices and trainees when required
Job Requirements & Qualifications
Skills, Qualifications & Experience
The successful candidate will be an experienced, time-served technician with a strong desire to develop their career within a progressive organisation.
Relevant truck, bus and trailer industry experience is essential.
Aptitudes, Values & Work Ethic
The successful candidates will:
- Insist on the highest quality of workmanship, whilst concentrating on efficiencies
- Have a desire to achieve ‘right first time’ on all workmanship
- Be reliable and have excellent timekeeping and attendance records
- Work with safety in mind at all times
- Be honest and courteous
- Be accountable
- Have a responsible and methodical attitude to work
- Be motivated and enthusiastic
- Have the ability and willingness to work as part of a team
In addition to the below we are also offering a joining bonus of £1,500 for successful candidates who are appointed to these positions. Please see below for terms and conditions of the joining bonus.
Attractive, market-leading rate of pay with opportunity to earn additional performance-related bonuses and overtime, 30 days’ paid holiday, generous pension scheme, cycle to work scheme, health cash plan, and manufacturer training programmes.
This is an excellent opportunity to work within a very successful and well-established business, using modern tools and equipment.
If you think you possess the necessary skills and have a positive 'can do' attitude, we want to hear from you!
To apply for this vacancy please download an application pack from our website at www.dennisons.co.uk/
Applications should be returned to:
Dennison Commercials Ltd
37 Hillhead Road
Please note: CVs will not be accepted. Only applications submitted on the relevant Dennison Commercials application form will be considered.
Closing date for receipt of completed applications is 1:00pm on Monday 30th September 2019
As an equal opportunities employer, Dennison Commercials Ltd. welcomes applicants regardless of age, sex, marital status, race, sexual orientation, religious belief, political opinion or disability.
Terms of Joining Bonus with Dennison Commercials Ltd
Successful candidates (from this recruitment campaign) who are appointed to the position of Commercial Vehicle Technician at our Coleraine Dealerpoint will be entitled to receive a joining bonus of £1,500 to be paid as follows and to be subject to the below terms and conditions.
Please note the joining bonus will not apply to previous employees of Dennison Commercials or to applicants who have previously applied for this position.
Payment of the bonus:
1. The bonus will be paid in two equal instalments of £750
2. The first £750 instalment will be paid after 3 months service from the start date of your employment with Dennison Commercials
3. The second instalment will be paid after 6 months service from the start date of your employment with Dennison Commercials
4. The bonus will be paid directly into your bank account through the payroll and will be subject to tax and national insurance deductions.
Terms and Conditions associated with the bonus:
1. The bonus payments are subject to satisfactory progress at the mid and end points of your probationary period.
2. The company may extend the period after which either instalment may be paid if you are absent from work due to illness or injury. The period of extension will normally be no longer than the period of absence.
3. The bonus payment will not be paid if you have handed in your notice at the time the bonus payment is due.
4. The bonus payment may be withheld if there are any conduct or capability issues concerning your performance at work or if you have been subject to disciplinary proceedings.
In the event of any dispute over bonus payments under the above terms, the Managing Director’s decision will be final.