A fantastic opportunity has become available for an Assistant Service Manager to be based at our Birstall depot.
For this position ideally the successful candidate will have a background in heavy commercial vehicles. The role requires operational and commercial knowledge, alongside the ability to multi-task and make pro-active decisions.
To oversee the running of the workshop ensuring internal and external customer satisfaction.
Ensuring that individual technician’s performance is optimised and work is progressed through in an efficient manner with the aim of first time fix every time. Ensure that daily disciplines and processes are implemented and followed for all staff on site.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities
- Deputise for the depot manager when not on site.
- Health and safety in the workshop.
- Assist and guide the productive team with fault diagnosis and live job management.
- Quality control and excellent customer satisfaction.
- Oversee the running of the workshop and supervisors on a daily basis.
- Ensure that the GVS and job card procedures are followed.
- Communicate with the team to ensure the planner and customers are updated.
- Key customer account management.
- Staff development and apprentice mentoring.
- Commercial background within parts or service.
- Excellent communicator and able to work on own initiative.
- Able to problem solve effectively.
- Extremely well organized & able to prioritise effectively.
- Computer skills advantageous.
- Attention to detail.
- Well-developed leadership skills.
Our remuneration package includes company car, excellent contributory pension scheme, bonus scheme, and comprehensive healthcare plan; which reflects our desire to attract the right individual.
A progressive and rewarding career is on offer to the successful candidate.
For further information please contact Jen Stephenson on 07870 574684 or you can submit your CV to email@example.com